Nurse of the Year Award
The 2020 Boehringer Ingelheim Oncology Nurse of the Year Award recognizes a CANO/ACIO nurse who has demonstrated the highest level of nursing excellence and leadership, and contributed to advancing oncology nursing and/or health system transformation during the past year.
Someone who, with an emphasis on recent accomplishments:
- Has consistently demonstrated the highest level of nursing excellence and leadership in oncology nursing
- Has made a significant contribution to advancing oncology nursing practice and/or health system transformation
The recipient will be honoured infront of his/her peers at the upcoming CANO/ACIO conference and is awarded $5,000 to put towards further education and professional development.
2020 is the ninth year that this award has been offered and each year CANO/ACIO receives many nominations for exceptional oncology nurses across Canada.
We are pleased to announce the 2020 Nurse of the Year Award Nominees (alphabetically):
- Kim Chapman, Fredericton, NB
- Sydney Farkas, Rocky View County, AB
- Margaret Forbes, Hamilton, ON
- Laurie Ann Holmes, Ottawa, ON
- Katie Nichol, Ottawa, ON
- Krista Rawson, Calgary, AB
The award will be presented at the annual Awards of Excellence Ceremony at the CANO/ACIO 2020 Virtual Conference on Friday, November 6, 2020 from 7:00pm – 8:30pm EST.
Last Updated: September 15, 2020