Nurse of the Year Award
The 2019 Boehringer Ingelheim Oncology Nurse of the Year Award recognizes a CANO/ACIO nurse who has demonstrated the highest level of nursing excellence and leadership, and contributed to advancing oncology nursing and/or health system transformation during the past year.
Someone who, with an emphasis over the past year:
- Has consistently demonstrated the highest level of nursing excellence and leadership in oncology nursing
- Has made a significant contribution to advancing oncology nursing practice and/or health system transformation
The recipient will be honoured infront of his/her peers at the upcoming CANO/ACIO conference and is awarded $5,000 to put towards further education and professional development.
2019 is the eighth year that this award has been offered and each year CANO/ACIO receives many nominations for exceptional oncology nurses across Canada.
We are pleased to announce the 2019 Nurse of the Year Award Nominees (alphabetically):
- Janice Dirksen, Vancouver, BC
- Rana Jin, Toronto, ON
- Lynne Jolicoeur, Ottawa, ON
- Allison Louck, Toronto, ON
- Jennifer Newton, Ottawa, ON
- Joanne Power, Brossard, QC
- Allison Wiens, East St. Paul, MB
The award will be presented at the annual Awards of Excellence Ceremony at the 2019 CANO/ACIO Annual Conference on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 from 9:45am – 10:30am CST in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The ceremony will be streamed live on Facebook.
Last Updated: August 27, 2019