CANO/ACIO offers two lectureships each year: the Helene Hudson Memorial Lectureship and the CANO/ACIO Clinical Lectureship. To submit an application to present a lectureship at the CANO/ACIO annual conference, please complete and submit the below form. Please make sure that all documents outlined below are submitted with your application.
Click here for a description of the awards.
1. All CANO/ACIO Members will be able to self-nominate for the lectureship with all documents below submitted by the extended deadline of March 22, 2019. Please note that you must also submit your abstract through ScholarOne and indicate that you wish to be considered for a lectureship award. Click here for the abstract submission site.
2. The following must be submitted with the completed Lectureship application form:
a. An abstract outlining the lectureship topic submitted through the abstract submission system
b. A complete curriculum vitae (CV) outlining all applicable experience
c. 2 letters of reference that highlight the applicant’s public speaking skills and ability to deliver a high quality lectureship at a national conference. The Referees will also rate the applicant, on a scale of 1-5 (1=lowest; 5=highest) in terms of ability to:
- Engage and inspire others through a lecture
- Clearly deliver a message through the lecture
- Weave in current evidence and implications for practice, education, research and/or leadership
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in the content area
d. When there are multiple authors, a letter must be submitted and signed by all authors indicating who will be the recipient(s) of the award and which recipient(s) will deliver the lectureship.
Last Updated: March 11, 2019