Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal (CONJ)
The Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal is a peer reviewed journal provided to members complete with stimulating articles, practice and association updates, book reviews and upcoming conferences. We are proud to offer this peer reviewed publication to support your work.
New in 2015, CONJ is available in electronic format! By making CONJ available online, we will be increasing the scope of the publication by reaching new readers. All members of CANO/ACIO will receive each issue in electronic format. Members are emailed each quarter when the new issue is ready.
Network with oncology nurses at local chapter meetings within your province and at the CANO/ACIO annual national conference.
Opportunity to meet with other nurses providing cancer care and share your own or institutional initiatives in cancer nursing. The annual conference is held across Canada moving from east to west to ensure an equal opportunity for oncology nurses nationally to participate.
Special Interest Groups
Dialogue with nurses in your specialty practice area through special interest groups such as:
- Palliative Care
- Surgery Oncology Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Complementary Medicine
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Oncology & Aging (Geriatric)
Certification in Oncology Nursing
Opportunity to participate in study groups at the local chapter level to prepare you to become a Canadian certified oncology nurse through the Canadian Nurses Association.
Awards and Educational Grants
CANO/ACIO recognizes some of the outstanding achievements of Canadian oncology nurses through an awards program that is administered by the recognition of excellence committee and supported by a range of corporate sponsors. For more information click here.
Other Benefits of Membership
- Fatigue in cancer workshops held within provinces by trained facilitators
- Participation in the annual conference and educational symposia organized by provincial chapters of CANO/ACIO
- E-newsletter - CANO/ACIO Connections
- Access to Members Area of CANO/ACIO Website
- Linking with CANO/ACIO nurses who are willing to share their expertise in a one-to-one format
- Belonging to an organization that advocates for improved cancer care for all Canadians
- CANO/ACIO members enjoy automatic membership to the Canadian Oncology Societies (COS) – www.cos.ca
Last Updated: Jan 18, 2017